Got insect bite on leg. Noticed red and raised bruise. What care should be done?

hi I've had what i thought was an insect bite on my leg for the last month. its raised and red and now has black bruising around it. it dosent hurt and no longer inches..
Posted Sun, 25 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Most of the Insect bites usually elicit an inflammatory reaction only within a short time after the bite. There would rarely be any long-term effects of the insect bites.

I would like to know some more details on the condition so that I can understand better and opine you specifically.

What were the symptoms and what made you think it could be an insect bite last month?
Was it painful and itchy before, kindly explain.
Since when did you notice it turning black?
Was the red and raised lesion there since last month?

If possible, do send an image of the lesion, which would be very helpful to study. You have a feature to upload the image/reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it so that I can answer your query better.

Waiting for your response.