Got injuries on leg and started problem regarding menstrual cycle. What is the reason?

May 2013
dr i have a problem regarding my menstrual cycle.last month i had a minor accident and had only minor injuries in my leg..but from that day the flow during my periods has become very less..last month it was only for 1 day..and this month also its very very less..i am worried..what can be the reason for this.?
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 26 minutes later

Menstrual cycle can undergo changes depending on many factors which can affect the hormones which will regulate the cycle.
So the possible causes for your scanty flow are:
Stress due to accident can affect the hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis, thyroid hormones levels etc which can lead to menstrual changes.
If there was any blood loss that can affect the menstrual flow in case of pre-existing anemia.
So you observe for the next two months possibly by that time your cycles can become regular.
If not better to get evaluated by physical examination and ultrasound to find out the actual cause and take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.