Got hypothyroid problem and disc compression in low back. Could it be due to masturbation?

Question
Hi doctor, I've been masturbating for the past 2 years or so. I do it atleast once everyday.
Recently i got hypothyroid problem and disc compression in low back due while working out in gym. Is this because of overmasturbation ?
Kindly advise ...
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 7 hours later
Dear friend,
Thanks for writing in. Hypothyroidism usually occcurs due to autoimmume mechanism and it has no relation whatsoever with overmasturbation. Similarly disc compression is not related to over-masturbation. It could be probably related to your work out at gym and stress on spine. Over masturbation is associated to other problems which are unrelated. In any case take calcium and vitamin D supplementation along with nutritious high protein doet and avoid weight bearing physical activities. Think disc compression and hypothyroidism as separate indepedent problems which have to be dealt with as such.
Get back if you have any other doubts.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Got hypothyroid problem and disc compression in low back. Could it be due to masturbation? 2 days later
Thanks for your answer doctor. 1 other question.

Even though i'm doing exercises for releiving low-back pain , Due to my compressed disc, i'm getting numbness around my back, buttocks and upto my groin,
Is this something to worry abt. Will continued disc compression damage my nervous system and/or my sex organs. Can this be cured ?

Kindly advise.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 10 hours later
Dear friend,
Compressed disc is indeed a problem to worry about. But it wouldnt have any effect on sex organs. You need to see a orthopedician or neurosurgeon for this disc problem. I firmly believe that the disc problem can be cured with proper treatment. Compressed disc is not related directly with the function of sex organs.
Thanks
Shivaprasad