Got hurt, unable to tolerate pain. Suggest medicine to make unconscious?

Question
Sir actually my friend is hurted more we have to make him unconcsious because he can't tolerate a pain so can u suggest some medicines to make him unconcsious without knowing him?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 57 minutes later

It is very sad that your friend is injured badly; I can appreciate your concern for your friend.

Let me suggests that there is no drug which you can give on your own without consulting a doctor.

There are various medicines available for pain relief in case of trauma. Again there are various ways by which these medicines can be administered.

For all of them medical advice and supervision is must, so that proper dosage can be given and medicines do not do any harm in the dosage given.

Please talk to the doctor who is treating him for injury, he only can suggest the ways of reliving his pain.

Making him unconscious, I think is not necessary.

I hope this helps and answer your concern.

Wishing him faster recovery.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Got hurt, unable to tolerate pain. Suggest medicine to make unconscious? 21 minutes later
Sir actually he is living in village and he is so far away for city there he is not ready to take medicine and he shouts of pain in night so his father wants to give him a medicine without knowing him so please tell me some medicine which can be mixed in milk or something else

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 4 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

Sorry dear,in case of injury pain relief is important as we all know,but it is not the full treatment.

Visit to doctor and treatment for him to recover is must. As you have written the extent of injury is great as you can see.

At most you can give him paracetamol tablets used to treat fever,which can offer some relief. You can give this up to 3-4 times in day.

But,I will strongly recommend that you take him to doctor and get him treated.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Got hurt, unable to tolerate pain. Suggest medicine to make unconscious? 54 minutes later
Sir actually he is not able to go for treatment for doctors today so please help once to give him a medicine to make unconcsious for a night so please suggest me one medicine day after they will take him to doctor so

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 32 minutes later

I can understand our situation.

I am afraid dear I or any doctor can not help beyond this.

The medicines you are asking about are prescription medicines and that too for limited use.Without medical examination and seeing patient in person,no body can prescribe any of these drugs.

You may be right at your level,but facts are facts.

You should seek help from a near by village or medical center for this.

Dr.Pragnesh