Got hit on upper lip and swelling appeared. Suggest urgent cure

My wife just banged her upper lip on the car external mirror, and it has swelled up (left side) to 1/2 inch +....slightly painful, no bleeding, no laceration,,,just swelling; best suggested treatment please and should she consider going to an Urgent Care? Advice appreciated. So far she applying cold pack..
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 36 minutes later
Welcome! Thanks for your question .

I would be pleased to answer your question .

The Best practice approach would be to CONTINUE TO apply ICE and take an Anti inflammatory like PARACETAMOL .

Since there is no bleeding , laceration : There is no need to go to the Urgent care

Thanks and Take care