Got hit on testicle. Does this have any effect on sexual life?

Question
I'm 29 yrs old.Recently while playing cricket with hard tennis ball,it hurt badly at testicles. I felt pain for 3 days. Does this has any effect in my family life.

XXXXXXX

Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
Testes get easily injured because they are not covered by any muscle or bone.
A blow to the testicles, which may occur in sport or during a fight, can cause swelling of the testicles, or bleeding in or around them. This probably causes the blood supply to the testicles to fail and this may result in damage to the testis.

This damage to testes can be assessed by physical examination,ultrasound or MRI of testes.If no damage is seen then only pain medications are given.
Since you were hit by a tennis ball and there is no pain now,there may not be any lasting damage to the testicles.

The sperm production is not affected even if one testis is found to be normal.
However if you have anxiety over this issue,you may get an ultrasound of testes  and a semen analysis done.
A normal testes and normal semen analysis should allay any fear in you as far as future family life is concerned.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me or any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Got hit on testicle. Does this have any effect on sexual life? 29 hours later
If the ball hits the testes, does this has any impact on penis tightening, the process before sperm production.

After this has happened (Injury), I can see the sperm production. If sperm Production is happening then can we come to a conclusion that he is fertile enough.

If I want to go for an ultrasound of testes and a semen analysis, to which specialist I need consult. How much will the cost approx..

Hello
Ultrasound of testis and semen analysis are very basic and simple tests for which you can consult your GP.
As far as cost is concerned,this varies from place to place and your GP should be in better position to tell you about this.
Thanks

Follow-up: Got hit on testicle. Does this have any effect on sexual life? 12 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for the immediate response. Please clarify my last two queries.

1. If the ball hits the testes, does this has any impact on penis tightening, the process before sperm production ?

2. After this has happened (Injury), I can see the sperm production. If sperm Production is happening then can we come to a conclusion that he is fertile enough?

Kindly request you to answer the above queries.

Please give your suggestion.

Thank You,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

1... There is no effect on erection of penis due to the hit on testis.
2... Sperms are the constituents of semen.What you see is semen and not sperms and it is  the presence of sperms in semen which makes a person fertile.
So when you discharge semen it is not sure whether it has sperms in it or not.
Semen analysis will tell the amount and quality of sperms in semen.

Do get back to me if there is still any doubt.
Best of luck.
Thanks