Got hit on temple area. Noticed bump and getting pain in jaw. Should I consult a doctor?

Nov 2013

My 4 yr old son threw a plastic sippy cup hard and it struck me hard just above the left hurt like crazy immediately after now the pain has subsided some but it has made my jaw achy and I do have a goose egg where it hit other symptoms. Is this ok or should I go to Dr?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are suggestive of mild head injury and there is no need to worry.

As of now, you can take synmptomatic treatment such as ibuprofen tablets, and there is no need to go to a doctor.

However, if you develop any of the following warning symptoms, you should visit a doctor:

Severe headache,
severe dizziness,
blurring of vision,
fits or drowsiness, etc.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow-up: Got hit on temple area. Noticed bump and getting pain in jaw. Should I consult a doctor? 2 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response..I didn't think it was too serious but when I developed a goose egg and my jaw ached I thought is better check..slight headache but no nausea dizziness or vision or hearing difficulties..
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Thank you for getting back.

Wishing you speedy return to complete normalcy,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine) DM (Neurology)