Got hit on pole. Having pain under breast and swelling on arm. Took combiflam. Any advice?

i am 44 years ols lady.was hurt with a pole and have severe pain under my breast on right near the ribs,and my right arm was swollen.right arm is lit better after 3 days but pain under breaset near the ribs persist.i took combiflamm later mobizox and rabicip.what should i do,pain still persist.pls advice.which specialist doctor should i show.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later

It is possible you had an injury to your rib cage. Therefore it is worthwhile seeing an ortho doctor and getting an x XXXXXXX to look for rib fractures.

In the meantime, ice the affected area and you may continue with combiflam with an antacid like rabicip twice a day till then. Usually rib fractures or blunt injuries do not need any surgical interventions and heal with time.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Wish you a speedy recovery,