Got hit on leg. Area appeared red and swollen. Not cured by keflex. Suggest some cure

I knocked my XXXXXXX on a step. No skin broken but very red & was swollen. I have applied cold pack.we are on holiday in Thailand. I have taken Keflex but no relief. I had Golden Staph in 2010? Going home to Queensland on Sunday.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later

Swelling and reddening arises suspicion of fracture. A xray would be needed to confirm this.

Mean while take oral analgesics for pain, continue ice packs, reduce activity , avoid weight bearing, tie up leg in bandage and keep limb immobilized as much as possible

Keflex would be helpful only if there is infection. So watch for fever.

I think you can undertake above measures and see doctor once back home.

Hope this answers your question. Regards.