Got hit on knee and started pain while bending and stretching knee muscle. How to get relief?

Question
I have knee problemHi I have felt on the floor to work and I bang my knee on a side of it and is been 3 weeks now and the paint still not going when I try to bend it full on a half bend I'm OK but when I try to bend it full the paint start on top of the knee it's like I'm stretching my muscle knee, I'm OK to walk but little limp.
Posted Fri, 2 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 15 minutes later

Most likely it is due to muscle strain and injury to ligaments and tendons of the knee but we have to rule out any fracture as well. Although from your symptoms fracture is a relatively less possibility yet an x-ray knee needs to be done to rule out even a small hair line fracture.

Apply some cold compresses by wrapping ice in a towel and consult an orthopedician as you may need Ibuprofen or Diclofenac. Also avoid putting any pressure on the injured area or doing activities which aggravate the pain.

Also consult your doctor and get an x-ray and MRI of the area to rule out any soft tissue injury.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Got hit on knee and started pain while bending and stretching knee muscle. How to get relief? 23 hours later
I think I torn a little bit knee on a side of right knee leg on a left knee side, because I feel a bit hard lump on a side of knee and the paint start from there when I try to bend my knee, so how can I get this problem sort it, help me please.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 29 hours later

As mentioned earlier, an MRI of the knee should help in diagnosing the cause of the lump in the knee and the knee pain.

Hence, please consult an orthopedics surgeon and he'll likely get the MRI done. You can take some over the counter analgesics to get some relief from the pain.