Got hit on knee. Swelling and bruise appeared without pain. Is this serious?
User rating for this question
I had a fall on Saturday and hit my right knee on the concrete. I am able to walk and bend my knee. My knee is swollen but I don't have pain. The area is bruised.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,The swelling without pain in the knee joint indicates either a very slight injury or an injury to the XXXXXXX structures of knee which are less pain sensitive and resultant bleeding inside knee.A physical examination by an orthopedician is recommended and an XRAY OF THE KNEE joint should be done. Meanwhile cold compresses and pain killers like Ultracet thrice a day orally should be used.I hope the advise would be helpful.
People also viewed
- Pregnancy brown discharge pains
- Sore knees swelling painful to walk feels bruised
- Pain and bruise at back of knee
- Treatment for pain bruising swelling after knee injury
- Brownish discharge from newborn penis
- Lots of pain in big toe
- Painful bruise behind knee
- Metatarsals hurt when i wear shoes
- Pain associated with diaphragm
- When i pee a brown discharge
- I fractured my fibula
- Dark bruise on knee no pain
- Lump on tailbone with discharge
- Brown discharge with odor postinor 2
- Seven months pregnant and have brown discharge