Got hit on jaw. Noticed sore throat and ringing ear. Should I go for medical check up?

Hi, I hit the left side of my jaw today during a rugby game and now the left side of my throat is very sore especially when swallowing and my left ear is ringing. I dont think I am concust. Will the throat pain and ear ringing go away by itself or should i see a doctor? Thanks!
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 6 hours later
Thanks for the query

The facial trauma is of intense consideration as it contains some of the important structure. The jaw contains mandible and mandibular fractures are common due to their prominence. Therefore it is recommended to see the doctor as you may require certain investigations like x-rays to rule out any facial fractures. moreover detailed examination is necessary for evaluation of hematoma or small bleeders and airways damage. A visit to maxillofacial surgeon s recommended. anti-inflammatory drugs can be used for pain relieve

If you still have some query, feel free to ask