Got hit on head and experiencing headache. What should I do?

I hit my head last saturday and I have been experiencing headaches but they are getting better. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 8 minutes later
It is a good sign that headache has been getting better in the days following the injury. If there are no other problems like nausea, vomiting, blurred vision and paralysis then you do not need to worry. It will settle on its own. Also if you did not loose consciousness at the time of injury then it will be more reassuring that the hit was not so severe. At younger age like yours such injury usually does not lead to delayed complications and in all probability you will be fine within next few days.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more questions I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.
Follow-up: Got hit on head and experiencing headache. What should I do? 32 minutes later
I just want to know if its ok to take panadol for the headaches that I am still experiencing?
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 26 minutes later
Yes it is okay to take up to 2-3 tabs in a day for headache.
Good luck