Got hit on head and chin. Noticed frequent eye twitching. Should I be concerned?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
my son and I had a minor collision last night ~ he stood up quickly from a crouched position and hit the bottome of my chin with the top of his head. Not enough to make him cry, but enough for me to feel a bit of pain for a minute. Shortly after we bonked heads I noticed a frequent eye twitch. both eyes blink rapidly for a burst and this has happened repeatedly since last night. he's been perfectly fine otherwise. should i be concerned about a concussion? he's 2 1/2 and otherwise perfectly healthy with no previous eye issues.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Thanks for the details.
Even though the injury was trivial, as the child has some new symptoms it is better for you to take him to ER.
It may not be related to the hit , but even otherwise sudden onset of twitching of eyes is significant and needs consultation.
One has to exclude low calcium in the blood is such situations.
Hope this helps.
Good luck
All the best
Dr Uma