Got hit on head and big bump appeared. Should I consult a doctor?

I hit my head last night there is a big bump and a dent in the middle of it should i go to the hospitall
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 hours later

There is history of injury to head but presumed that it was not associated with loss of consciousness, vomiting or any specific neurological complaint it appears to be a injury to scalp and/or skull bone. What you need is a check by general practitioner for a pain reliever and rest. You should consult the ER immediately in case of deterioration with the above symptoms.