Got hit on head. On anti inflammatory for bump. Should I drain fluid from bump?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi. I got a bad knock to head above the right eye one week ago. I was prescribed an antibiotic and aniinflamitory in addition to some cream for bump. One week later now and I have a goose egg like bump filled with fluid in addition to blackness all around my eye socket still.. My question is should I drain the fluid from the bump as it is quiet clearly liquid inside? also is there any way to get rid of the blackness around my eye. I am quiet fed up of the lenght of time it is taking to get rid of this....
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 22 minutes later
Dear Friend,

Do not try to drain liquid yourself at all because it can get infected. Also if it is associated with base of skull fracture it could be CSF i.e. brain fluid and it would be unwise to drain it as you could spread the infection to the brain.

In most of the cases it generally gets absorbed in few weeks time; so you have to be patient.

Pigmentation again will go in few weeks time; you will have to be patient with it.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer any other queries if you have any.

Dr Vineet