Got hit on head. Having panic disorder. Felling dizziness. Due to anxiety or internal bleeding?

Nov 2013

Hi, I am a 22 year old male with a panic disorder. Friday night I stood up and hit my head on the top of my desk. It was in the forehead and nose area, leaving a cut on my nose and slight soreness on my forehead. I was drinking but did not loose consciousness. I remember it and I felt fine on Saturday and Sunday until I researched "delayed XXXXXXX bleeding" on Google and now I feel like I have pressure on the top of my head (even though that's not where I hit my head). It's been four days, and I feel like it's all in my head, but I'm not sure and I don't want to miss classes getting checked out if it's all in my head. However, I also don't want to drop dead if I'm bleeding internally. I just can't focus on my work and feel dizzy, but that could be my anxiety, it's just hard to tell
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 32 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious XXXXXXX brain injury.

Please watch for the following warning signs:

Severe headache, vomiting, double or blurred vision, decreased alertness, weakness of arm or leg, fits, etc.

If any of these occur, you should get a CT scan of brain done.

As of now, there is no need to worry and you need not go for a check up.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad