Got hit on head. Having mild headache and pressure in cheek bone. Is this normal?

Nov 2013

Hi I hit my head really hard the other day above my ear 3 days ago. I have had a mild headache and the area is sore but I have a weird pressure in my cheek bone and forehead a bit. Wondering if this is normal after bumping head. I am healthy otherwise.
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry about your symptoms, as these are normal after mild injuries.

They are self limiting in nature and would resolve in 7-10 days.

If they are troubling you, you may take medications such as diclofenac or ibuprofen.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist