Got hit on head. Getting headache, dizziness and soreness around head and neck. Proper treatment?

On friday I got hit in the head hard playing hockey . KNEE TO HEAD FULL SPEED ( i was gliding bending over. DID not pass out...just a little dizzy fell to ice..instant slight head ache...

Sunday I went to ER. No natious..not head aches...just feeling tired here and there and My whole head and neck was sore. Doctor examined me. Said no CT scan needed yet. Looks like just got my bell rung. Its not almost a week later. my whole head is kinda just DULL sore. my nose is sore too. I got hit in the top nose / Front forehead. So it all just kinda aches. No real head aches though. I do have a slight blur sometimes and my head feels heavy.

For some reason HOT shower really makes it feel weird...but still its just sore. Nothing major.

I do have a follow up with my doctor in 3 days. just wanted to know HOW long the SORE all around head can last with something like this and if its normal. Im sure it is. Most of my neck pain has gone away. just all around my head feels sore. like a bad flu head cold.
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 11 minutes later

Though symptoms are minor, it arises my concern as they are still present.Sometimes symptoms are disproportionate to injury.Some patients even have lucid intervals where symptoms develop after interval of few days.

I would strongly suggest a follow up and to be on safer side get a scan done.Scan should also include nose and paranasal sinuses.

Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards
Follow-up: Got hit on head. Getting headache, dizziness and soreness around head and neck. Proper treatment? 5 minutes later
Yeah i am getting a follow up with my local doctor for Monday.

Its mostly the fact that there's a dull pain all around the head and nose ears ETC. its not painful just worry because its been a week almost.

during the morning i feel the best. mid day and on it feels more Heavy I guess. I drive for a living so thats not helping.

I am hesitant to go back to the ER..but if Its ok I can wait until Monday for my appointment. I am definetly feeling better each day...just this little dull soreness thats lingering.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 9 minutes later
I think you can wait till Monday.But do keep close watch on symptoms like imbalance, headache, blurred vision or slurred speech or in-coordination etc.