Got hit on head. Getting headache and nose dripping. What should I do?

Sep 2012

Hi, i am a 29 year old female. Hit my head yesterday. Everything was fine. noticed some nose driping inside today during the day. Now its fine. In the night while combing felt headache in that part. Head feels heavy now. What should i do?

I am taking an anti fungal treatment
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 18 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your nose dripping may or may not be caused by the incident. If, you have have injury in the nose, then the cerebro spinal fluid may leak. But it is a rare instance. In your case, I think it may be due to common cold.

For the headache, you have to take some nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agent like diclofenac. It will reduce the pain. Besides, you have to take a Pantoprazole group of drug before taking the antiinflammatory agent.

If you feel any loss of consciousness, or vomiting sensations, you have to rush to emergency of a hospital.

Hope, this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.