Got hit on face. Noticed swelling and hard lump on face. Looking for cure

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
I was hit in the face four days ago I put ice on my face for 10 min though out the day now I have a hard lump within my swollen face will it go down
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 49 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

This hard lump on your face might be organized haematoma.

In bad bruises when tissue is damaged, blood begins to collect forming haematoma.

During the process of healing, it will get hard and tender as you have described.

Hematomas heal slower than bruises, but it will eventually heal and go away, though it may take a few weeks. If you do have fever, or if the pain suddenly increases, it may be suggestive of an infection. at that time, seeing a physician would be required as we would need to give you oral antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Regards.

Follow-up: Got hit on face. Noticed swelling and hard lump on face. Looking for cure 4 hours later
I can't feel My face where its hard and swollen at is that nom

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,

If you have been hit hard, a nerve could be damaged and thats why you cant feel anything. This should slowly become ok over 1-2 weeks. If it doesn't, please see a physician.

Regards.

Follow-up: Got hit on face. Noticed swelling and hard lump on face. Looking for cure 20 hours later
thx that help

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing back.

I am glad to know I could address your concerns.

If you have no more questions, please close this discussion.