Got hit on eyebrow. Noticed swollen and blue eye. Should I be concerned?

Two days ago I hit my eyebrow on a corner of the bed, next day there was some swelling and I put arnica on, today, I woke up and my eye is blue, like blood collected there, why? anything to worry?
Thank you
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 9 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
This is what is the sequence of events in such injuries.
There is injury in the head and after 12 to 24 hours that trickels downs to lower eyelid.This is where the blood stayes for 2-3 weeks where it gets slowly absorbs.
In a worst case scenario you have to look for headaches often persistent,lasting for weeks and months.
This black eye does not need any treatment,it slowly absorbs on its own.
Any further query regarding this please do get back to us.