Got hit on eyebrow. Hard bump appeared but no discoloration. Should I be worried?

At the end of November, I was shooting my son's bb gun. I am 46 and just wanted to try it. It hit a metal object and came back and hit me in my eyebrow. I could see a little hole and it blead a little but it hit right on the bone of my brow. I iced it and it has been swallen for some time. The swelling has gone down and now I feel a hard bump approx a little less than 1/2 inch back from where it hit me. I am wondering if it's the bb or not. I feel no pain when I touch it and there is no discoloration at all. If it is the bb could it be infected? Would I feel pain if it was infected? If it's not the bb then what could it be? I don't have medical insurance and I have been out of work for some time now. What do you think I should do.
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Had this bb been ifected you would have a infection long time back.
This is a inflammatory granuloma formed due to reaction of injury.
At best you can give it dry foamentation for 5mts twice a day and it will gradually resolve.
please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Got hit on eyebrow. Hard bump appeared but no discoloration. Should I be worried? 7 hours later
Thank You for Your answer. I have one more question. What if it isn't a Inflammatory Granuloma and it is in fact the bb? Would it have caused an infection by now? I have had several people touch the bump and they tell me it's the bb. I have had offer's to have them cut in and try to get it. I am not entertaining their offer. I am going to use your advise and try dry heat foamentation therapy but I guess I'm wondering if it is fact the bb then wouldn't it get infected?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 3 hours later
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
The possibility of having a f b in the granuloma is always there.This is confirmed by X-ray .These pellets are metallic.People with pellets in there body do not need their removal.I have personally seen people with meny pellets under the skin and they remain there.
Other than the cosmetic effect as a lump which is visible it causes no harm.
Getting a fb removed is no big deal.
Had the pellet was infected you you were supposed to have infection long time back.
Any further query ,please do get back to me.