Got hit on coccyx. Started bleeding and having pain. Worrisome

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I sat down very hard on to a peace of hard plastic in my car and hurt my coxit and have been in so much pain im bleeding not alot only a smear but is worring me l would like to know if it can be from hurting my tail bone
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 45 minutes later

It might be soft tissue injury or fracture coccyx.

Without X-ray, it is difficult to differentiate a fracture from others. I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

In the interim, apply ice packs to the affected area, anti-inflammatory drug like Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (up to 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation. Rest well.

I advised you to use a well-padded seat when sitting and avoid long periods of sitting when possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health....