Got hit on back of head. Can this lead to death?

Hi I am 63 year old, female and just hit the back of my head on the freezer door as I was standing up and I going to be ok? I just get scared when ever I hurt myself. I always think I am going to die.
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later

Of course you are not going to die. If you do not notice anything abnormal such as a fall, severe headaches, visual changes , vomiting or any fits, then its ok. Any of these symptoms if noticed later in the course of time might warrant you to visit your primary care physician.

It could be frightening at times getting a sharp hurt or pain at times, but we must learn to cope with it there after. Various techniques can be used in dealing with acute stress or stress adaptation. Exercise, just taking a 30 minutes walk most days of the week could really go a long way to help. Discussing and spending time with loved ones, reading favorite newspapers and building a sense of positive thinking to life might be good tips.

Exercise and a comfortable entourage really do help many patients and I suggest it could be of help.
You could ask any further questions you deem necessary. I will be honored answering them or making any contributions to better your health.

Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

Follow-up: Got hit on back of head. Can this lead to death? 1 hour later
Thank you Dr. Having practically raised myself, I always like to get a little reassurance.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Thanks for your response and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.

PS: I would appreciate your feed backs if you have no more follow-ups. You could leave the reviews after closing this discussion.