Got hit on back. Feeling soreness in chest and difficulty to swallow. Should I be concerned?

i understand this whole situation sounds stupid but..
8 hours ago, or so, (after having a few drinks) i jumped from about a 12-15ft height into water and may have sort of landed on my back.. not directly but more on my ass/back. i felt winded for a little while but nothing i couldn't handle. then about 4 hours ago (after sobering up) i started to notice that my chest is really sore (right between my breasts) to breath, swallow, burp and it worsens when i lay down. i havent had anyone check my back but i dont feel any superficial pain when touching my chest. i wouldnt be suprised if this is sort of common but i just want to hear some realistic possibilities.
thanks :)
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

In view of details and type of injury, possibility of one of your back vertebra getting injured and pinching adjacent nerve seems likely.Vertebra injuries are common when you have a kind of uncontrolled free fall in water from height and again it is the injury which can cause loss of sensation, so I am arising this possibility.

Ideal next step would be to see doctor and get xrays and if needed scan done for this.Get someone to carry you to doctor.Try to avoid any kind of physical activity till then, even if you are feeling fine.

After clinical evaluation doctor would decide if at all investigations are needed.

Hope this answers your question.Please feel free to ask if there are doubts.Regards.