Got hit by ball. Noticed hard lump. Tender to touch. Will this go away eventually?

Orthopaedic Surgeon

I got hit by a hard ball on the XXXXXXX a few months ago but didn't think much of it, though there was bruising that ran down to my heel. Haven't paid it much attention since, but did notice, a few weeks ago, a hard lump (size of a broad bean say) on the front of my XXXXXXX where I was hit. Very slightly tender if I really push on it, but otherwise no problem. Will this go away eventually?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
It seems that due to the injury, you have suffered a hematoma in the front of the leg. This collection of blood sometimes leads to formation of a hard lump which gradually resolves spontaneously without any treatment.
You can do a hot fomentation in the area for an early relief. You also need to self monitor the area for any signs of infection like pain, swelling, tenderness, feeling hot on touching, etc. In such a case consulting a physician for antibiotic treatment is necessary.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.