Got hit and noticed big lump and swelling. How to get rid of it?

I got hit with a line drive hit by instantly got really swollen and huge. With RICE it has gotten much better..however it has been 3 months and still have big lump and swelling still occurs,,it is warm to touch..and now its really itchy and looks like I'm getting a rash only in the area i got hit??not sure why thats happening..should I get checked out??
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query,

However it has been too long for the swelling as it should have subsided by now. Such swelling results due to inflammation of the local area or hematoma formation which usually subsides within a month but if it didn't have subsided it means the inflammation yet not have subsided.

You actually haven't mentioned the area you got hit on. I suggest an examination to rule out the other reasons.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask