Got high level of WBC in blood work. Any specific reason?

Hi I just had blood work and my Absolute Neutrophils is 1.69 and my WBC is 3.2 a couple of weeks ago my WBC was 1.8 so it has increases any suggestions? Also my Cholesterol All of which is not normal for me I'm usually good on all counts, I exerise regularly and eat healthy most times.
Thank You
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for sharing your concern,
Your WBC count is improving, this is near lower limit of normal range, but what was the cause of lower count. It commonly occurs due to viral infection or drugs. Do let me know.

I can understand your concern about cholesterol but, I would like to know the values before I can comment.
You need to take care of diet and exercise, please continue to do so.
Please let me know these details so I can answer in detail.
With Regards.
Dr. A.Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Got high level of WBC in blood work. Any specific reason? 26 minutes later
We don't know why its low, I have not been sick in over a year no fatique. I do take Valtrex have been for years not sure if that matters. I am anemic but under control.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 15 minutes later
Thanks for your input,

You may repeat WBC count after some time to see it comes to normal level.
I presume Valtrex that is valacyclovir, you may be taking for Herpes, and it can cause neutropenia; but is rare < 0.1 to 0.2%.

Take care of diet taking <30% calories from fats and <10% from saturated fats, and regular exercise would keep you healthy.

Hope this helps; if you have any doubt please feel free to ask, I will be happy to help.

Dr. A. Dubey