Got hepatitis B vaccine recently. From when it will start to work?

Hi, 11 weeks ago I had the Hepatitis B vaccine, just the 1 shot, I haven't completed the 2nd or 3rd shot yet but I'm going too very soon. I was tested 11 weeks later after the shot as I was concerned as I felt something sticky on my hand on a door handle in a public bathroom and feared I may have touched my urethra in the bathroom (I have OCD by the way) My questions is would the hepatitis b vaccine delay my results e.g. if a person never got the vaccine would they show results quicker then a person who had the vaccine.

Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Since you have taken incomplete dose of the vaccine, and then tested your blood for Hep B you get a false positive result. Ideally you should have completed the entire dosage ie, 3 doses first.
Now that you have tested already,the result you get may turn out false positive. The dose is 0,1,6 months. If you still havent taken the 2nd dose after 11 weeks of the first dose,you are not protected.