Got head injury and swelling appeared. Should I be worried for internal bleeding?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hey Merry Christmas :-) I was hit in head by trunk lid a girlfriend did not know I was still looking in it she slammed lid and the edge of trunk hit my temple wow hurt so bad /now it has swelling and I can not touch it at all! It hurts to move my eyebrows on left side. What is this just bruise? It felt like internal bleeding when she done it on Monday night!
Do u think it is just a bruise or should I be concerned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 34 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

It appears like just a bruise.
Internal bleeding would have caused severe head ache, persistent vomiting, seizures and even loss of consciousness. Since none of these happened, it is unlikely to be XXXXXXX bleeding.

Take tylenol for pain relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Got head injury and swelling appeared. Should I be worried for internal bleeding? 8 minutes later
Thanks so much :-) it just concerned me as hard as sheclosed it and as big as the swelling is but guess just a bruise and can I apply ice? Thanks for your time!

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 14 minutes later
Yes you can apply ice.
Take tylenol for pain relief.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini