Got head injury. Started bleeding above eyebrow and noticed bump. Should I be concerned?

Jul 2012

My grandson hit his head on the corner of a couch. It bleed but we we has a good red XXXXXXX over the eyebrow that was also cut. We kept him up for the hour. He was fine, playing, Do I need to be concerned about this throughout the night.He is 16 months. We are grandparents, babysitting over night My son is in Tennesse for work I do not want to say anything to him now. He will see the cut and the bump tomorrow.

Please advise

Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
If there was a cut, just arrest the bleeding & trust some cold water was applied on the site & the bleeding is now stopped. The first hour is the golden hour & if he was playing happily, all is well.
Relax. If it was a blunt injury, you would have more to worry about. However, keep an eye out for any excessive crying or any vomiting. If this happens (highly unlikely), then you may need to get him to an ER.
For the present moment, will all be well..sleep well..all of you & Godspeed!
Take it this will have allayed your fears & all will be well. No need to unnecessarily get your son anxious..all good! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD