Got head injury. Feeling tingling sensation on forehead and nose. No nausea or dizziness. Concerned

Nov 2013

I hit my head really hard on a metal door frame (while standing up on a chair) It hit the top center of my head. It hurts and I feel a tingling sensation on my forehead and down my nose. I do not feel nauseous, dizzy, or sick in any other way. Should I go to the emergency room?
Posted Sun, 17 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 6 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious head injury and there is no need to worry.

You have features of mild head injury and would get better soon.

Please watch for the following warning symptoms:

Severe headache, vomiting, double vision, decreased alertness, fits, etc.

If you notice any of them, you should go to the emergency room and get a CT scan of head done.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist