Ask a Urologist   »  

Got frenulum injury during sex. Noticed blood and pain. How to cure this?

Jul 2016

Hi I have had my frenulum ripped off during sex, there was a lot of blood and pain still persists after 2 days... but it pains only when that area is touched or pulled. Also it pains a bit after urinating as urine might be getting over the wound. Please help.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 minutes later
Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have sustained injury to your frenulum during sex.
Please take some antibiotic like Doxycycline along with some anti inflammatory drug like Tablet Diclofenac 50 mg twice daily. Get a prescription of the drugs from your family Physician.

Apply some topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin at the site of injury. It may take one week to get cured. Avoid sex till it heals up completely.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please let me know if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.