Got food poisoning, had vomiting and diarrhea. Treated with antibiotics. Now have alternating diarrhea and constipation. Suggest?

My wife got food poisoning about 10 days ago on a cruise in the Mediterranean.She had severe vomiting and diarahae for about 8 hours father eating some seafood.She was treated with antibiotics and is now ok.I had the same food and was slightly nauseous but no vomiting.Since then I have alternating diarahae and some constipating with some mild vomiting.Not super bad but also some stomach cramping before the diarahae.
What should I do
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult a physician.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would say that may be the present episode is not related to your food intake which caused problem to your wife . When there is a change of place such alternating bowel habits may result .

I would advise you to take a prebiotic and probiotic supplementation for that . Add curd to your meals which would help in balancing the normal flora of your GIT .Take bland food for some time . Still if symptoms dont improve consult a gastroenterologist , get a stool examination done for looking to find out exact etiology .

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti