Got flu and pink eye. Given lot of medication and human epidermal growth factor eye drop. Suggestion?

Hi My daughter arrived home from a 16 day trip to China. She got the flu and pink eye while there. They gave her a lot of medication at a hospital there. Some I can't tell what they are, some I can. One of the items concerning me is a recombinant human epidermal growth factor eye drop. Why would she be given this medication? Thought used for cancer? Thank you for responding
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
These growth factors are supposed to hasten healing of corneal ulcers.This means that this was not a routine pink eye and actually a corneal ulcer.These are advanced level medication to give a quick recovery.
What you have to do is to get it checked that the corneal ulcer is healed and the eye is managed properly.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.