Got fever after dog bite. Feeling pain on thigh. Should I use any ointment?

Infertility Specialist
sir, i bitten by a dog washed with soap after 30 min..I went to doctor he gave me two injections and tablets told me to attend on 1st..I got fever and bite was paining.It bitten on my thigh.I drink alcohol daily ...should i avoid it...What food i have to eat..I was very tensed..should i use any ointment or no need..
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 2 hours later

It was excellent that you have done the first aid entreat nicely. Well, all dogs don't have rabies, but since it is a serious disease without definite treatment, we are more concerned in its prevention for which your doc has advised injections as per schedule.
The other injection might be a tetanus toxoid and you needed it.

In addition, you should take oral antibiotics for 5 to 7 days along with analgesics for few days. I think you can eat all normal diet and there are no restrictions. You can use an antiseptic ointment without any concern.

Regarding alcohol, since you would be a few drugs, their metabolism may be affected by alcohol. So do avoid alcohol for few days.

Nothing to worry and please take the injections as per schedule and please keep a watch on the dog as well.

Hope you got your answers.

Good luck!!!
Follow-up: Got fever after dog bite. Feeling pain on thigh. Should I use any ointment? 9 hours later
Thank u sir for u r kind concern.Doctor told to take injections on 29/10,1/11,5/11,26/11.Is it enough..he gave some tablets for two days only....can u please give me any ointment name.Here i attached a pic of the medicine list doctor gave...
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 31 hours later
Hello sir,
Nice to hear from you.
Well if you can observe the dog and the dog is alive after ten days of biting you, only the first three doses will suffice.
If you cannot trace the dog or the dog is dies within 10 days, then you have to take a compete course and another two to your schedule.
I am not able to view your report at present as it is half cut. Well I think the course of antibiotics is at least 5 to 7 days which you must take under the supervision of the local physician.
I think I have answered your queries.
take care