Got early periods. Noticed orange bleeding. Have high risks of HPV. Worrisome

I am on day 3 of my period, which I got randomly 1 week before I was suppose to. I woke up this morning and the blood is orange. This is something I have never experienced. I have high risk HPV for 2years.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 58 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Most women will probably suffer Early Menstrual Periods at some point in their lifetime.
Early Menstrual Periods are also known as anovulatory periods. It means that women do not properly develop and release a mature egg every month as they should normally.
The causes of early menstrual periods can be divided into psychological and physical. Psychological like anxiety and other forms of emotional daily stress, overwork and fatigue can cause early menstrual periods.
Hormones like estrogen and progesterone have a definite effect on your menstruation since they regulate the ovulation during the menstrual cycle. Without a balanced level of these hormones in their bodies, women are unable to properly ovulate producing abnormal (anovulatory) menstruation that will lead to irregular menstrual periods.
As this has occurred for the first time i advice you to just observe and presently do nothing. Orange color it might be subjective feeling and if you are very much stressed about this it advice you to see OBG specialist.
The most important thing to get the right treatment for Early Menstrual Periods is to find out whether your problem is psychological or physical and treat the cause, consider it if the symptoms persists.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Got early periods. Noticed orange bleeding. Have high risks of HPV. Worrisome 2 hours later
I am on birth control pills. I have been on the same one for over two years. I have not had any issues with this pill. Why would the blood become orange during the middle of my period? Is this something I should be alarmed about? I have never had this occur before. Could this be a sign of an STD?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Good to hear from you.

I advice you to observe till next cycle, presently from your symptoms nothing seems to be serious. I advice you to see doctor if there is intermenstrual spotting.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.