Got dog bite and started bleeding. Cleaned with antiseptic. Chances of getting rabies?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have a very healthy and energetic German Spitz puppy (Name: Oscar) who is just 55 Days(8 Weeks) old.

Today while playing with him I got a mild bite on my right middle finger. Its a very small and shallow injury (3 mm cut) and there was a very minor bleeding. I immediately washed my hand with an anti-septic liquid(soap) and applied BetadinĀ® (Providone Iodine) anti-septic cream on the cut.
XXXXXXX my puppy got his First Shot of NovibacĀ® Puppy DP vaccine (in India for fighting Canine Distemper & Parvo Virus) a week ago but never got any shot for Rabies yet(too young for anti rabies vaccination).

He seems to be normal(playing. eating. drinking) so far. He NEVER got close to any other animal/pets so far and never even walked/exercised outside(garden/yard).

Now I am little concerned about the 'Rabies' thing. My questions are
1) Is there any possibilities I could get Rabies from this 'bite'?
2) Should I get myself 'Anti-Rabies' shots (PEP) right away? or, I should observe my pup for another 10 days for any 'Rabies symptoms' to appear and then opt for vaccination?

Please suggest something. I am really worried.

*Added information: He(puppy) bitten my sister 12 days ago on her legs and chick (Minor cut/scratch). Both are absolutely fine so far.
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 59 minutes later
Considering the details you have provided it does not seem that there is any risk of rabies in your case. You may wait and observe your dog for ten days and in case he has any unusual behaviour do consult your doctor promptly.
As of now though theoretically anti rabies vaccine is recommended after any dog bite practically it seems less important in your case. However please note that since you are a dog lover and prone to further bites in future you may take an anti rabies pre exposure prophylaxis which is just 3 shots of the same vaccine .
This can ensure some future protection too.
So please donot worry for now and get yourself and your dog vaccinated in future.
Hope I have answered your query.
Follow-up: Got dog bite and started bleeding. Cleaned with antiseptic. Chances of getting rabies? 9 minutes later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX for your reply. As per your suggestion I am up for PEP Vaccination soon(within a month ok?) to avoid any future mishaps.

Where should I get this vaccination done by the way? I meant should I consult a veterinarian or physician? (Its my very first case)

Thanks once again
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes it would be fine if you consult your physician as per your convenience in a month or more for your PEP prophylaxis. You can also get it at any government hospital or general practitioner .