Got dark scars on legs and arms after mosquito bite. How to remove this?

Jul 2012

How to remove dark scars from legs and arms? These scars is got after mosquito bite. Can you suggest which is available in indian market.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 37 minutes later
Hi there.
I undestand your problem & empathise with it. Sadly, there is no single treatment that can act a s a quick-fix to different types of scars & pigmentation issues.
In your case, these scars have been there from childhood you say & that makes it even more tricky. Off the cuff, i think you could try a new cream on the indian market that does not contain hydroquinone called Advan. APPly twice daily to affected areas. Combine this with any aloevera based cream used as an emollient used atop wet skin after bathing daily & you may start seeing some results soon. Your next step would be to go in for a peel but what peel & duration & concentration etc will be best judged by the dermatologist you consult on the ground as this is a hands-on procedure. If in Bangalore, you are most welcome to come visit me & can give you my contact number. Else, you could sift through the XXXXXXX website & glean the name of a dermatologist nearest you. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India.
Follow-up: Got dark scars on legs and arms after mosquito bite. How to remove this? 3 hours later
Is this safe. And how much cost it will take for this therapy.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Hi again XXXXXX.
Perhaps you did not understnad my advice clearly. First try the local creams i recommended. Only if this does not work after an initial 3 week period or so, should you consider the other options like peels, lasers etc . They are safe yes if used by dermatologists' with the requisite experience & with the correct equipment as per your requirements. The cost will vary depending on the area, doctor & area & is a relative thing & best discussed with the doctor who you choose to go with when & IF this is required only. As i said, a consultation with a dermatologist near you may be what is required at that point.
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD