Got cut on top of head after an injury. Getting headache and pain. Should I take ibuprofen?

Nov 2013

bumped top of my head yesterday kinda of scrape bump. I have a litte cut on top of my head. No bump. Never blacked out, speech is normal. Walking normal. Eye's dilate fine when using flash light. I just have pain where cut is and a small headache. Do I need to see doctor or should I just take ibuprofen or something and just monitor myself next couple of days.
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, it seems to be a minor injury. There are no features to suggest any XXXXXXX brain injury.

So, it is alright to take ibuprofen now and monitor at home.

You can go to doctor later if you develop vomiting, severe headache, decreased alertness, fits, etc. Otherwise, there is no need to go to doctor.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist