Got cut by scissors on nose. Does HIV spread through scissors?

Dermatologist
Question
Respected sir
i am from india state andhra pradesh i went to barber shop on 6 days back but i got cut by the scissors on my nose and i got a blood bleeding does hiv spread through scissors and is it danger please reply me sir
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 50 minutes later
Hello
I went through your history. The chances for needle stick injury is only 0.03 percent. The chances for baraber s knife also must be the same. It is very negligible. If the shop maintains basic hygeine you need not worry. If you are very apprehensive you may undergo tests for early detection likr rt pcr but I personally think it is not needed. If you want even after 3 months you can get an elisa test done. It is all to remove the fear complex only
Hope you are clear
Have a nice day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Got cut by scissors on nose. Does HIV spread through scissors? 15 hours later
sir but the barber shops they don't clean their equipments ever

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 8 minutes later
Hello
I do understand your apprehension. But how do we know that the knife or scissors which was on another customer had hiv infection. As long as we don't indulge in vad sexual practices we are generally safe.
Have a good peaceful day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Got cut by scissors on nose. Does HIV spread through scissors? 17 minutes later
sir i am sorry for asking this have you seen any cases like this incident
and there is any chances to infect me and recently i got married and i dint touch my wife with this incident and what is the symptoms of hiv please reply me sir

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 12 minutes later
Hello
I must confess that I have not come across such incident in my thirty years of service. That is why I said not to worry. The early symptoms range from fever to bodyache which could occur in three months of infection. As you are very apprehensive I suggested an rtpcr lab test for you.
I assure you that the chances are meagre and you need not worry. I hope that you are convinced and will have a normal and peaceful life ahead
Wishing you a peaceful day
Prasad pvs

Follow-up: Got cut by scissors on nose. Does HIV spread through scissors? 30 minutes later
thank you sir for replying me thank you very much

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 54 minutes later
Have a good day
Prasad pvs