Got cold sweats, dizziness and weakness when I could not take clonodine. Suggestions?

Hello, I had an episode lar night that really freaked me out. I ran out of clonodine Saturday and I was not able to get more until last night when the drug store got pwemossion from the doctor. I took some and about an hour later I got cold sweats, dizziness, weakness and something like heartburn and I pass out. My partner pulled out the blood pressure machine and it kept comming up as error. He thn checked his blood pressure with and it worked fine for him. He gave me some water and a Little something to eat. It slowly reach to normal. WTH happened? Could I have died?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, you could not die this way

Detailed Answer:

From what you have written in your query, it seems like you ran out of the medicine Clonidine and were not able to get one until last night.

And then, you got it but after about an hour of taking the medicine, you developed certain reaction that you have mentioned.

The sympathetic outflow from the brain was reduced and the blood pressure dropped.

No, you could not die this way. Probably, the medicine was abrupt in its onset of action, and could have caused a low blood pressure that showed up as a error.

In rarest of possibility, yes, you could have died.

Hope this is clear to you.