Got cold pain in hip and chills. Have busted blood vessel in eye. On birth control. Advise?

I was on my way to bed last night when I got a cold pain in my right hip and then chills throughout my body. Shivering I made my way to the bathroom for the blowdryer to heat me up. After a few minutes I warmed up - slept well and no other problems except a busted blood vessel in my left eye this morning. I don't take any other medication other than a birth control pill. Age: 48 - female
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 2 hours later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you had a shivering feeling in your body , felt cold , with left red eye, taking birth control pills.

As you have no previous disease than following may the plausible cause of your symptoms.

HOT FLUSHES with increase in blood pressure ( left red eye ).

As your age is around 48 years you may have the symptoms of perimeopausal in which there are HOT FLUSHES.

Oral contraceptive pills do cause high blood pressure and in perimenopausal years you are more prone to high blood pressure , I would recommend to consult your gynaecologist for continuation of oral contraceptive pills , with monitoring of blood pressure.

For hot flushes , I would recommend vitamin E with Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs).

I hope it was helpful to you.

Wishing you speedy recovery.