Got chicken pox and have marks on face. How to remove this?

i got chicken pox on 9th of mar. by now, all sores have crusted and fallen off. there r some small pits and marks on my face. am 29, female.. will these pits and marks remain?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 19 minutes later
Chicken pox lesions can heal with pigmented spots, scars and pits.
The treatment for the same should be started when the chicken pox blisters have completely healed and new skin has formed.
To treat the marks and pits, you may follow these suggestions
1) use a good sunscreen with SPF 30 even if indoors
2) apply Kojic cream over pigmentation marks twice in a day
3) apply retino a cream over marks and pits both in night. Apply minimal amount of cream. You may use a tooth pick to apply the cream only over concerned areas as too much application and spreading of cream can lead to irritation and redness of skin.
3) take vitamin c supplement like limcee or Celin orally
4) for better results consult a dermatologist for discussing the option of chemical peels to reduce marks. Scars and pits might require microdermabrasion or dermarollers or subscision technique or CROSS by using trichloroacetic acid. These are minor surgical procedures done by dermatologists to give definite results in scars and pits.

Hope that helps. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.
Dr kalpana Pathak
Follow-up: Got chicken pox and have marks on face. How to remove this? 47 minutes later
Thanks much Doctor..
1) Is clindamycin phosphate gel (clear gel) useful in reducing pigmentation? For me, it has worked very well with acne.

2) Will a skin cream like mederma be useful in removing scars?

3) will the pits in the skin get filled up? if i need to get remove the pits fast, what can I do?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
Clindamycin is an anti acne gel and would not help in reducing pigmentation.
Mederma might work in mild scars but personally I do not prefer it. Instead use retino a for mild scars.
To remove pits, I would advise you to take dermaroller sessions or go for CROSS technique. For the same consult a dermatologist.

Hope that helps!