Got chest pain, have headaches on one side and back pain. What could this be?

Woke up today was fine and then half an hour later got chest pain, it gets better as i change positing lying down, when i started walking, i have a headache on one side of head, also have back pain mainly the right side, pain in chest started in middle and moved to right side what could this be?
Yesterday i did some running which i havent done in a long time
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 27 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It would be very appropriate to get examined by your primary care physician or emergency physician, especially if the pain persists or intensifies.

It is important to know if you have any family history of heart disease, sudden death in your family or not. the commonest cause of chest pain of acute onset, especially after exercise should be of cardiac origin. there are specific cardiomyopathies that could explain such a presentation. It would be interesting to know whether this is the first time you are experiencing this ever or not. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, especially in individuals who do exercise is the most common cause.
Excluding non cardiac causes of pain that might present like chest pain could also be important. Especially acute gastritis and gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Ac chest X XXXXXXX and Electrocardiogram and a cardiac ultra sound are sufficient to exclude any possible cardiac disease, or to reorient the diagnostic search process.
I recommend you consult your family physician and certainly book an appointment with a cardiologist.
Thanks and best regards as I wish you the best of health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Got chest pain, have headaches on one side and back pain. What could this be? 4 hours later
Now im good all the pain is gone, i have done those tests in the past 2 years and all were good nothing was found, could it be anxiety, i have anxiety disorder
The exercise i did was yesterday and i was fine after, it happened when i woke up in the morning and it had been couple of months since i last excercised
No heart disease in my family or sudden death, this all started after i hit my head right next to my eye and i got excessive anxiety for couple of weeks thinking i was gonna get a stroke because of numbness on my face, mri of head was normal, and neurologist said numbness on face should go away in time and it has been decreasing.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 42 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the insightful details with respect to your past medical history.
Anxiety could be a possible explanation. However, with time, its appropriate to be sure nothing changed. I suggest you remain very watchful and report any abnormalities noticed to your prescription of an anti anxiety drug if need be. I suggest you stay calm, try to be with your friends and loved ones, read most loved books or movies and mild to moderate exercise could be useful. It s advisable to do mild to moderate exercise persistently, rather than staying for a very long time and going in for intense exercise.
I strongly recommend however an appointment with cardiologist.
Thanks and hope this helps.
Luchuo, MD.
Follow-up: Got chest pain, have headaches on one side and back pain. What could this be? 3 hours later
I will see my physician, my last chest xray and heart ecg was 2 weeks ago and were normal
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 21 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,
That shall be great. wishing you the best of health. Will be glad contributing if you got any worries.
Its very reassuring since the results were within normal limits.
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.