Got checked health for Thyroid. What are the findings?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2015
Jun 2015

Question
i have recently got checked my health in Thyro care. I want suggestions on the reports
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Diet & Lifestyle modification needed

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I have gone through the reports as attached to your post.
The investigations reveal the following.

1. Lipid profile is mildly deranged (increased values of cholesterol, Triglycerides & VLDL). It can be taken care of by modifications in diet & lifestyle in the form of avoiding oily, lipid XXXXXXX food & doing regular exercise.

2. In the Liver function tests, increased level of Gamma Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) & Alanine Transaminase(SGPT) is observed. These are indicators of Liver injury (usually Alcohol induced). So, if you are in the habit of consuming alcohol, kindly stop it.

3. The reports also suggest reduced levels of Vit D, which can be managed by dietary intake of foods XXXXXXX in Vit D & adequate exposure to sunlight.

4. All other parameters are within normal limits.

Hope I have been able to answer your query.
If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us.
I will be happy to answer them.

Wishing you a Good Health.

Follow-up: Got checked health for Thyroid. What are the findings? 40 minutes later
1) Is it necessary to consult any specialists on increase value of Triglycides, liver, Vit D etc.,? If say yes, Please suggest to whoom specialists I have to consult.
2) Which foods are XXXXXXX lipid ?
3) Which foods are XXXXXXX in D Vit

Brief Answer:
Diet & Lifestyle modification needed

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for your follow up query.

1. Diagnosis of any condition is made on the basis of case history, clinical examination & co-relating the findings with investigation reports.
So, if you have any symptom, it will be better to consult your General Physician & get a proper clinical examination done.
Otherwise, it is advisable to repeat the Lipid profile & Liver function tests after one month & if there is no improvement in the values, a Gastroenterologist should be consulted.

2. Food products like butter, ghee, cheese, fast food, etc. are XXXXXXX in lipids & need to be avoided.

3. Vitamin D is mostly synthesized in body with help of sunlight. Dietary sources include eggs, mushroom, milk, fortified foods like wheat flour, bread, etc. These can be included in your diet plan.

Hope I have been able to answer your queries. Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
There is no need to worry.
As I have mentioned in my previous answer, the values are mildly raised which can be optimized with modifications in diet & lifestyle only.

Wishing you a Good Health.