Got cat bite on leg. Noticed some marks. Could it be rabies?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hello doctor,

I am femaile, 37 yrs old, Hashimoto desease.
I am will ask you something and if you can answer I really appreciate it.
I was bit by a cat on 19th of September.
I allowed her to come between my legs while i was talking on mobile, and she grabbed my leg i donno by teeth or by her nails, thru my jeans.
I checked my leg for long, i saw some marks very small in my skin, i forgot about these.
In the evening i read many scared things on the internet.
Next day in the morning i went to hospital, they cheked my skin,it was nothing no wound there, just some marks.
They started the antirabie treatment 5 doses, and one dose of TT.
They didnt gave immunoglobulin.
I guess my mind remained sick.
Now my treatment is done, i have the huge fear that i have rabies inside me, my leg which she bit started to pain, i have pain, hot sensation, nibbles.
I wonder is this something wrong with me.
I had the treatment in XXXXXXX i am romanian, i cant understand their language, they didnt explain anything to me....i am terrified
Thanks for your support
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 50 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
I do not think you need to worry here as it is an extremely low risk exposure. Further, you have received the appropriate preventive treatment as well. You did not need the immunoglobulin as well.
Further, the incubation period (the time you take to develop the disease) is 1-3 months. So you should have developed the symptoms till now.
I want to know if you observed the animal? If she didn't die you are completely safe. If it was apet and immunized no need to worry at all . The symptoms that you currently have could be due to a local infection and some analgesics and maybe antibiotic would be needed.
Definitely, we do not need to worry about rabies here. Just relax, you're fine.
Dr Vineet
Follow-up: Got cat bite on leg. Noticed some marks. Could it be rabies? 25 minutes later
hi doctor
so nice of you..
nopes, the cat is not a pet cat! in istanbul they are so many stray dogs and cats..
i followed the cat it was a cat around my office, she was perfectly well, but she dissappeared after 8 day since she bit me, in the 9th day i couldnt find...i saw the other animals which were with it, but i didnt see this cat in the 9th day since she bit me
thanks again
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear friend, i think if cat was fine for 8days no need to worry at at because they generally develop these symptoms during this period. Regards. Dr XXXXXXX