Got burn on palm. Noticed blister and redness in that area. Having pain. Remedy?

Hello, My 6 year old son got a small burn on his palm backside, when he put his hand in front of a steam inhalation machine while taking inhalation. I did not realise it as a burn and so did not wash it with water. After few years, I see a blister and redness in the area around. Also, there is some pain for him in that area. I shall attach photos of the blister. Please suggest what to do further for this.

This is a correction to the query above. By mistake I had written 'After few years, I see a blister'.. It is actually 'After few hours, I see a blister'

Thanks XXXXX.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 31 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Relax,there is nothing to worry.I can see from picture there is blister formation.

-pour some cold water over burn area for 10 to 15 minutes.
-do not try to rupture blister.
-apply silverex or soframycin cream over burn area gently 3 to 4 times a day.
-give paracetamol with ibuprophen as per dosage for pain relief.

In case you observe pain is increasing or there is redness around area which is increasing I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician,to rule out any infection.

Continue with medication as already prescribed.

Hope I have answered your query.If you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!!