Got bleeding after a positive pregnancy test. What could be the reason?

Mar 2013
I posted a follow uo reply with further questions ( WWW.WWWW.WW ) after Dr. XXXXXXX Raichle answered my initial concerns approx 15 hours ago. Is anyone available to review these posts & get back to me with information, advice, & opinion I'd be so grateful. It has been a long, sleepless night. My f/u reply with more ?'s was approx4-6hrs ago & have not gotten a response.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Since you had a positive pregnancy test last week, you were definitely pregnant.
You could have most probably had a very early miscarriage ( sometimes called a chemical pregnancy ) where you lost the pregnancy very early on after implantation.
The slight bleeding explains it.
This does happen at times, and if the pregnancy was very early, the HCG could disappear in a week ( it had to be in a very small amount to begin with ).
If you are completely alright, the ultrasound and tests tomorrow would clarify the picture.
Do get back if you have any more aspects to discuss.
This is assuming reliability of urine pregnancy tests is 97 %, and none of the two tests were erroneous.